So this morning after posting about the Renault Classic website, I went searching for a Renault classic. Found one. My, my is this unique, well done and with fun details like engine in the boot, suicide doors and turn signal lights on the c-pillar. I love the color combination especially those yellow rims. The entire vehicle has been restored.
On eBay in Omaha, Nebraska for no reserve and acting bidding hovering $10K at the time of posting.
“Up for auction is my very rare 1950 Renault 4CV. This is the earliest version (R1060). Very rare in the United States. Beautifully restored from ground up. Every square inch of this vehicle has been restored. Beautiful paint job using original color on a very nice body. It runs and shifts well, but needs a little tweaking. It is 99.9% restored. Clear California title. The only thing remaining to be done is to adjust the rear brakes better, adjust the carburetor (runs rich), and the pan gasket leaks and needs replacement. These are easy fixes, however I do not have a lift to do them.
Reason for selling: I have lost interest and could use the garage space.
This is an opportunity to own a very rare collectible European sedan.
– Suicide doors
– The engine has been totally restored using new pistons, rings, sleeves, valves, guides, springs, bearings, gaskets, resurfaced head, and new throttle cable.
– Clutch: new pressure plate, clutch disk, and clutch cable.
– Rebuilt carburetor, new coil, rebuilt distributor, rebuilt starter, rebuilt generator.
– NOS voltage regulator.
– Brakes: New master cylinder, brake cylinders, lines, shoes,
– Gas tank and radiator boiled out, cleaned, and repainted.
– Interior totally restored: New upholstery, headliner, floor mats. All chrome and aluminum parts either rechromed or polished.
– New Michelin radial tires, NOS hub caps.
– New wiring, taillights, and NOS turn signals.
– New headlights, wiper motor, and fog lights.
– New stainless steel bumpers, over riders, and quarter panels.
– New fuel pump.
-Original owners manual
If you are in the Omaha area, feel free to drop by and take a look. Contact seller for appointment.”