For Sale: Asking $17,500. Willing to negotiate. Depending on level of repairs price may change.
As of May 15th, the car is back with me after consigned with Gateway Classic Cars for sale. During my stewardship, a lot of the heavy lifting has been done to a well documented, original car such as timing belt, PK tension upgrade, LH computer and MAF rebuild, new tires, rebuilt Brembo calipers. It is not perfect and still needs more sorting. I’m having Stephen Cramer at Autocore work on some issues with the brake/reverse lights and the stuck heat and A/C to see if we can’t sort them out. He’ll have the car the w/o May 20th. After the car sitting for a year, I noticed a shake on the freeway. I’m thinking the tires need to be balanced. Also 2nd to 3rd gear shifts were harsh but got better after it warmed up properly. These cars need to be driven. However, at certain speeds this harder shift is still obvious which points to a vacuum modulator problem according to this Rennlist post link. I’ll ask Stephen to look into this as well.
• Purchased October 2013 from Larry Webster of Road & Track magazine in Ann Arbor
• Previously off the road for 3-4 years with 83,360 miles
• VIN# WP0JB092XHS860653
• Originally sold new in Milwaukee with documented trade-in of a 1982 Porsche 928 S
• Currently 85,1XX documented miles, driven less than 2,000 miles since purchase
• Guards Red (L80K) over black leather, automatic, sunroof
• Porsche 964 D90 wheels added with 7mm hubcentric spacers, no curb rash
• Highly documented with complete owner history back to day one, chronological in binder
• Window sticker plus letters to dealer
• Original paint with all VIN tags still in place
• No rust
• Original interior including non-working Blaupunkt radio. Radio lights up and changes stations but no sound comes out
• Some dash cracks
• No accident damage but documented dent repair on right rear fender from 1988, clear coat chipping as pictured near spoiler
• Authentic historical Michigan plates added
• Runs, drives, brakes and shifts as it should. However 2nd to 3rd and vice versa is a hard shift at certain speeds.
• Tail lamp and stop lamp lit up on dash. Reverse lights not working. Brakes lights work
• Horn not working
• One minor paint blemish on front hood and under driver mirror
• Timing belt done January 2015 by Stephen Cramer at Autocore
• PK Tensioner upgrade with belt
• New Lasso water pump
• MAF unit rebuilt by Injection Labs
• LH computer module rebuilt by Rich at Electronik Repair in Mesa, Arizona
• Gas tank dropped and drained
• New fuel filter and Bosch fuel pump
• Transmission flushed in 2014/15
• Removed exhaust and replaced leaking transmission lines
• Driver and passenger side CV boots replaced
• Bridgestone Potenza RE-970 225 50 16 front. Correct hard to find size RE-11 245 45 16 rear
• Front Brembo calipers rebuilt with eight new alloy pistons by Centric
• New Sebro front rotors with brake pads
• A/C converted to 134a. A year later need to check charge.
• HVAC resistor pack replaced and heater control valve at firewall but still not operating at 100% as the heat is stuck on hot.
To launch gallery click on any image.