1967 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-45, Long wheel base with removable hard top.
A original California Land-cruiser that was extensively restored in 1992 by the previous owner.
The previous owner bought it in Sacramento in 1984, spent a year getting it ready for a big trip through Baja, which lasted 7 months. He took it back again in the summer of 1988 for 4 months.
In 1992 he and a fellow certified mechanic took the body apart, sandblasted, undercoated, re-sprayed; replaced all the rubber, seals etc. Installed a new wiring harness. Took the transfer case and transmission completely apart and rebuilt it all. They installed a crate Chevy 350, replaced the radiator with a triple core, rebuilt the hubs, installed a new motor in the heater fan. He also rebuilt the vacuum advance for the transfer case and replaced the instrument cluster.”
I would prefer the stock motor and something a little closer than Alaska. But the pickup is sweet.
On eBay in Anchorage, Alaska with a reserve.
- Installed Old Man Emu suspension system which includes new springs front and rear, 4 qty new shocks, new bushings, new grease-able shackles and pins, and a new steering stabilizer.
- Installed 4 new BFG Mud Terrains KM2 33″ x 10.5″ R15″on FJ-60 rims.
- IPF Halogen housings with H4 bulbs.
- IPF Halogen back up light installed on rear bumper, led switch in original hole in dash, no drilling.
- CD player inside glove compartment and weather proof speakers in kick panel area.
- Installed some parts of a PTO winch on the front bumper. I do have the PTO gear box and the long PTO shaft, Spud shaft and levers I do not have.
- Installed a repainted Toyota rear heater from a FJ-40 under the drivers seat, needs switch installed, heater lines are in.
- LED’s in front bib running lights
- I have also restored the front heater (new paint, foam, hardware, and decal) , door latches, access covers on the doors, glove-box, 4wd lever, grab bar and instrument cluster with the correct Toyota “Ash Grey metallic” paint.
Current condition of vehicle
- All lights, headlights low and high, turn signals front and rear, stop lights and running lights work.
- No cracks in any of the glass.
- Heater with defrost works with low and high speeds.
- Wiper works.
- 4WD system works great, manual hubs turn easily.
- The seats are in great shape with no tears or rips.
- The original jack and jack tools included in sale.
- I have the original receipts from the restoration in 1990 in a large 3-ring binder included in sale, I also have correspondence from the previous owner printed out as well.
- The condition of the entire body including floorboards is great with no rust through whatsoever. All metal panels are original steel. It does need some light bodywork and paint, new weatherstripping on the doors and windows to become pristine again. I have only needed to change fluids and oil changes since I have owned it. I would like this to go to someone that will take the time and effort to keep this on the road for many years to come.
- I do have a front disk axle (FJ-40) rebuilt with all new Koyo inner and outer wheel and trunion bearings, and Marlin H.D. inner axle seals, backing plate eliminator and repainted with POR-15. Needs rotors,calipers and pads to complete.
- I also have some parts for a power steering conversion as well. PS bracket to replace stock power steering pedestal and Toyota power steering box. You will need a Saginaw power steering pump to mount on the engine and lines to complete.
- These parts and other misc parts are not included in sale, they are available if interested.”