For Sale $4,900 or best offer. 310-431-5600 Paul
This 2001 Audi S8 spent its life until 2016 down south until a good friend of mine and car collector picked it up with 252,000 miles. Yes, this car has been enthusiast owned and driven for 260,867 miles. It comes with a documented rebuilt transmission with just under 30,000 miles on it and a healthy engine by way of a compression test. Plus timing belt, water pump, alternator, cam chains, tires, battery and suspension bits all new within 8,000 miles.
You may be asking yourself, Paul with all the heavy lifting done and no check engine lights on the dash, why would you sell an all aluminum car that would be the perfect winter cruiser? Simple. I’m thinning the fleet and do not use this one as intended. I did want a performance car that could haul my kids and wouldn’t succumb to the harsh Michigan winters ie. not rusting. But during my stewardship my two kids and I started playing hockey – one as a goalie. Despite the three body trunk, it just isn’t convenient to pile everything in it. Plus with my work tools in the SUV, I find myself always driving that. It just doesn’t make sense to have two daily drivers with two insurance bills. I bought this S8 with my heart not my head.
This car runs great. I have sorted it. It fires right up tracks straight down the road and is powerful and smooth at highway speeds and beyond. It brakes and shifts as it should. For the most part everything works and it needs nothing. It is very apparent that this S8 was well cared for its entire life and with all the major maintenance attended to, it should give someone years more of enjoyment.
If you think the price is too high for all that’s invested and how it drives, please give me a fair offer. Thanks very much.
• Purchased May 2018 from Ohio
• VIN WAUGU54D91N008581
• Southern car from Georgia. My friend bought it with 252,706 miles in 2017
• Only two years with a small amount of mid-west winter exposure
• Original paint, no door dings
• Original interior and stereo
• Window sticker
• Original owners manual, two sets of keys
• Clean title, mileage may go up as I still drive it
Work completed within last 8,000 miles:
• Timing belt and water pump
• Cam chains and tensioners
• Bosch alternator
• Reseal valve covers and camshaft plugs. Scoped with dye in oil to eliminate all major leaks
• A/C leak fixed, recharged, blows ice cold
• Brake flush
• New NAPA Legend battery
• New spark plugs
• Four wheel alignment
• Three new controls arms all Lemforder
• Transmission fluid and filter changed at 257,786. Transmission rebuilt at 231,637 miles.
• Oil change
• OHTSU FP0612 tires 235/45 R18 – I know, nothing special but I had a cracked rim with worn tires and needed to replace them
• Newly refinished original Azus wheel
• New charcoal cabin filters
• Polished out headlight lenses and put in new Philips Xenon bulbs
• Compression test performed Autocore Performance Group: Cyl 1-4: 122 127 127 126 Cyl 5-8: 128 123 125 125
Please call Stephen at Autocore to get additional perspective on these numbers. He consistently tests his cars at around 125 and tested a new Miata at around 130. Different gauges can tell different stories.
• Windshield washer fluid light is on. I replaced one pump and had the warning light off but it came back, not sure why
• Driver side bolster is worn and torn
• Radio needs to be turned off when exiting the car otherwise it will stay on
• Sometimes the dash will show the trunk is open because the switch needs adjusting or just give it a good push down
• Sunroof switch works but is broken in its mount
• Bumps, scratches and bruises as you might expect with a car of this vintage