Thanks to reader Henry for this submission. Wow, asking But it Now of $4,800 but keeps talking about bidding in the description. Maybe he meant that to be the starting price. Oops.
On eBay in Chicago.
“You are bidding on a rust-free1983 Porsche 928 S in full “Risky Business” livery! Rare 5-speed manual transmission option. I purchased this car two months ago from a hobbyist Porsche mechanic as an extra “toy,” but I’m now selling it because I found another car opportunity. The previous Owner did a pretty thorough refresh on all the mechanicals. The engine runs STRONG, and it’s got beautiful paint and interior. Approx 114,000mi.
First, the service items to be addressed: It’s due for a new clutch, the driver door lock is wonky, and the A/C compressor is disconnected but included.
As for maintenance and improvements, the previous owner got this as a project car last summer, and did the following services/upgrades:
– New water pump, timing belt and Porkensioner installed. (done within 7K miles)
– New main water hoses
– Some vacuum lines replaced
– Fresh oil change.
– Rear muffler delete for added horsepower
– “Sorted” instrumentation electricals
– Installed modern CD player stereo
– New front Porsche crest
– New rear tires
– Newer front tires
– Reupholstered late front seats. (passenger side is 8way and drivers is manual slide and front tilt up and down only.)
– Reupholstered in deer leather arm rest, and side door cards.
– Newer black front carpet
– New leather shifter
– New rear shift linkage
– New short shifter
– New rear hatch lock bushing
– New rear and front hatch shocks
– Dash has dash cap
Vehicle is available for viewing in Chicago. Feel free to ask any and all questions before bidding.”
Leave a Reply